Thursday, February 28, 2008

Resignation

Well, there's not much more I can do at this point. Re-read all my answers and made notes about points that need to be clarified and ideas that were omitted. Should have read some more papers and tried to memorize more authors and their "contributions," but I'm just not convinced that knowing authors is important. In fact, I think if articles were published anonymously, the science would be better, the egoism would be reduced, and we'd all be better off. Hopefully I don't have to make that argument tomorrow - likely not to work. After my candidacy exam I felt as if I'd been beaten up. My answers, no matter how thoughtful, were scoffed at and my written submission, no matter how detailed, was pushed aside. I have reason to believe that my committee will be much more friendly, but I'm not looking forward to being beaten up again. There are 10 questions and 4 members so I'm hoping we can't get into that much depth in any one given area - yeah right. I have a feeling that at the end of it all I'm just going to feel exhausted and upset and not exactly happy with my performance. Glad I'll be with good friends - looking forward to a good, tall, , well-deserved toast to this seemingly never-ending stress coming to a close.

No comments: