Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Skunked

Libby and I got skunked on Penn's today. Fished some new sections - one down the rail trail from the end of tunnel road and the other at the beginning of tunnel road. Very flat and fast water at the first place and very bouldery and deep at the second; odd fishing. There were grannoms everywhere and blue quills, too (large ones, size 12) but I saw no fish rising. A guy in the parking lot said he caught a bunch (he said 13 or 14) on blue quill dries under the trees - not sure if I believe that or not, but i did notice the bugs were sticking in the trees and getting blown out by what was a fairly stiff wind. Flow is 365 cfs at the gauge right now - very low, 42 degrees, and gin clear - obviously a bad recipe...

2 comments:

Libby said...

Penns Creek has gin in it? Hmm... I will bring some tonic and limes the next time I go.

Alex Metcalf said...

I love your gin and tonics, but I think we better stick to non-creek based liquor